Friday, May 24, 2013

Double Tea(m)

     Mixing up a batch of orgeat to play around with, we decided to concoct a cocktail with complexity and depth similar in form to the Cameron's Kick, or the Supreme . As I favor both of those cocktails I accepted the challenge unabridged. The proportions would be similar and the spirits would be the only variable. We decided upon cognac and pear liqueur, a great combination.
     The resulting cocktail was a bit gritty,(from the orgeat) had a strong cognac nose, and a bright pear and citrus pop. This could work for the adventurous, as it did look like murky water but had a good flavor.
     Finally a bottle of St. Germain shows up. The first though that came to mind was," Hey, this will work amazingly with my tea syrup." But as I began to play around with cocktails I found that even though the syrup had a great nose, it was a wee bit to subtle to hold its own in a drink.
     So an infused liquor we shall need. A spare bottle of vodka? I think we found what I'm looking for. But let's add a little depth to this drink, shall we? Earl Grey anyone?




Double Tea(m)
(cocktail on the right)
2 oz. "Tea Liqueur"
- (equal parts Earl Grey infused vodka, and homemade oolong syrup)
0.75 oz. lemon juice
0.5 oz. St. Germain
dash Regan's Orange bitters
- shake and strain, lemon garnish(not shown)

No comments:

Post a Comment