Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Mexican Flower

     How I do love impromptu cocktails. "Fill the list," is always what I here on a precursor to the weekend. So let's have a little fun, shall we? Tequila is my ever elusive spirit. Don't like the stuff, not ordered often, but yet very similar to my all time favorite, rum. Let's use it as a basis for a cocktail.
     A little tequila, some cachaca, honey syrup, some wine-based amaro and of course some lime. This drink is beginning to come together. Wanting a little more herbal sensation to go with the amaro, I opted for a "sink" of creme de violette.
     I described the drink as a cachaca-based Aviation cocktail meets a honeyed Margarita. The layered effect work nicely and the drink was very similar to a tequila-based Bee's Knees. But on the sip the finish was all creme de violette. I was surprised at how well this cocktail turned out especially for its on-the-spot nature, but give it a try.

Mexican Flower
0.75 oz. Tequila (Sauza)
0.75 oz. Cachaca (Cabana)
0.75 oz. Cardamaro
0.5 oz. spiced honey syrup
1.0 oz. lime juice
- shake and strain
sink 0.25 oz. Creme de Violette


No comments:

Post a Comment