Thursday, July 19, 2012

Delirium Bijou

     Oh, the confused jewel. What better way to describe this gem. Wanting a more worked over version of the ever classic Bijou cocktail I am reminded of the concoction Alberta Straub ( http://cocktailsonthefly.tv/?s=bijou). This gets the wheels a rolling and not having the time to infuse my vermouth I chose a left over fruit tea infused gin. It is a very good one, and wanting a little more depth I added a barspoon of Zwack to bring in the herbal orange flavor a little more, a dash of grapefruit bitters to heighten the citrus notes of my vermouth, and a bit of Pimm's Cup to add to the tea flavors.


     The result was a citrus-herbal explosion. Very drinkable with a nice rounded flavor; not overpowering and yet complex enough for my taste-buds.

Delirium Bijou
1 oz. tea-infused gin
1 oz. Green Chartreuse
1 oz. Cocchi Americano
3/4 barspoon Zwack
1 barspoon Stirring's Blood Orange Bitters
1 barspoon Pimm's No.1 Cup
1 dash Fee's Grapefruit Bitters



No comments:

Post a Comment