Friday, August 24, 2012

Jobbers Canyon

     Following a little history of Omaha, I find that my new bar of operations falls within the old Jobbers Canyon district, and I decided what better name for a cocktail. Having a bottle of Cedar Ridge "Dark Rum" lying about, from a recent trip back home to Iowa; I decided to use it for the base. This rum in my opinion is lacking in overall taste and depth. What better liquor to use to add to. Throwing together a quick drink and a nice 50-60 stirs the Jobbers Canyon was the result.



Jobbers Canyon
1 1/2 oz. Cedar Ridge Dark Rum
1/2 oz. Velvet Falernum
1/4 oz. Pimm's No.1
1 good dash Cynar
-stir and strain over large ice


A decent drink with a nice herbal kick. Slightly sweet but not overpowering. Could use a lemon or orange zest garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment