Sunday, October 7, 2012

Rabo de Galo

     After purchasing a bottle of cachaca months ago I finally get around to trying the stuff out. I have had Cabana cachaca before but only simply mixed with pineapple juice and Sprite. After a few months working with prohibition- styled cocktails, I can't imagine looking back.
     With a little research on the net and filtering through a plethora of Caipirinha cocktails I come across the Rabo de Galo cocktail. The name is the literal translation of "cocktail" to Portuguese. Depending upon where in Brazil you live the mix is either 2:1 cachaca to sweet vermouth, or 2:1 cachaca to Cynar (a bitter liqueur derived from artichokes). Looking at the mix I decide the two deserve to be integrated, Let's make this cocktail complex. And thus you have my version of the Rabo de Galo.




Rabo de Galo
2 oz. Cachaca (Cabana)
3/4 oz. Sweet Vermouth (Carpano Antica)
1/4 oz. Cynar
- stir and strain
lemon twist garnish (optional)

No comments:

Post a Comment