Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Porteno Cocktail

     As I have just received a copy of Drink and Tell  in the mail, the published book chronicling the years and drinks of the Boston area, as well as innovative plays on the classics. I came upon The Porteno. As I am a huge fan of Fernet-Branca and Falernum respectively, of course this cocktail drew me in. 
     I whipped one up upon a challenge by a guest at the I.O. and without a doubt hand down she loved it. Now I'm even more intrigued, I must make this drink. Gathering the necessary ingredients I'm off to the kitchen. A couple quick measurements and a squeeze, a good hard shake and a strain, and we have the Porteno




Porteno
3/4 oz. Bourbon ( Elijah Craig 12)
1/2 oz. Fernet - Branca
1/2 oz. Cherry Heering
1/2 oz. lime juice
1/2 oz. Velvet Falernum
- shake and strain



A delicious cocktail complex on the sip highlighting all aspects of the ingredients and finishing with a lime tartness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment