Friday, November 30, 2012

Fat Like Buddha

Loving rum as I so generally do, We came upon a bottle of Flor de Cana Centenario Gold 12 year rum at the I.O. My boss could see the salivation and eagerness in my eyes. Without even a pause the first drink that came to mind was the Fat Like Buddha  cocktail from the Flor de Cana website. After a tasting of the rum by itself I decided a 12 year old rum in this cocktail could possibly be ruined and chose instead a blend of two rums that I enjoy.


Fat Like Buddha
1 oz. Old Monk rum
1 oz. Ron Zacapa Centenario
3/4 oz. Sweet Vermouth (Carpano Antica)
1/4 oz. Benedictine
1/4 oz. Cointreau
-stir and strain
orange twist garnish


     The Fat Like Buddha cocktail was very reminiscent of a Embury's style Palmetto, which I thoroughly enjoy. A might bit sweeter and with a definitive herbal tone coming from the Benedictine, a suitable occasional substitute for my Palmetto has been found. Long live Flor de Cana, you never disappoint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment