Friday, November 23, 2012

Muddy Waters

     After a session of making some candied nuts I was left with a nice pot of infused syrup, with only endless possibilities to quench my interest. I was reminded of the Greenwall Cocktail that I had earlier concocted but remembering how I didn't exactly love the drink I decided for a mix most similar related to the Old Fashioned.




Muddy Waters
2 oz. rye (I used Templeton but I suggest Rittenhouse Bonded)
1/4 oz. nut syrup ( a mix of walnuts and pecans)
2 dashes Fee's Black Walnut Bitters
- stir many times and strain over a large cube



The drink presented itself largely with rye on the front as expected. Blending into a slight bitterness and rounding out into a nutty aftertone. Oddly enough though the final notes were of caramelized banana. All in all a very good rendition on a classic with a festive twist.

No comments:

Post a Comment