Thursday, April 19, 2012

Yakuza Old Fashioned

     While out for a night at the I.O. Speak we decided to take on a few selections from the Anvil Bar Top 100 list. We tried to Scofflaw, a very nice drink. I do find whiskey drinks to my liking lately. We also tried the Knickerbocker as a bottle of Marie Brizard had recently been added to the speakeasy.
      Lastly I tried a Japanese Cocktail as the orgeat and brandy mix caught my interest. A couple months later I came across the idea for using the basic Old Fashioned and mixing the components into the Japanese.

     The drink came out quite intriguing. The orgeat and bitters mixed well to give the drink a good flavor. I chose a mix of cognac, rum, and bourbon for the base and mostly the bourbon came out of the drink, but it needed something more. Adding a splash of cola opened the drink up enormously. Very drinkable, very rounded taste. I think the trifecta helps add alot of flavor.

     Yakuza Old Fashioned
3/4 oz. Knob Creek Bourbon
3/4 oz. Remy Martin VSOP
3/4 oz. Bacardi Select Dark Rum
3/4 oz. Torani Orgeat
2 large dashes Angostura bitters
stir with ice and strain over fresh ice
top with a splash of Pepsi Throwback

No comments:

Post a Comment