Sunday, April 29, 2012

Long Creek Cattle Co.

     Fernet; The mysterious Italian bitter liqueur. It's referred to as, " The Bartender's Love Affair." While playing around with this minty, herbaceous mix. I started with the ever popular Fernet con Cola. I added a splash of Stirrings Blood Orange bitters to the mix, and found a cocktail baffling. Super intensely minty, herbal and intriguing, No wonder Bartenders love this stuff.
     A trip to the I.O. Speak happened upon a drink called the Dirt 'n Diesel, but instead of blackstrap rum Binoy was using Pyrat Cask 1623. The drink sounded great but lacking Cynar and only having Pyrat XO Reserve on hand I decided to try another route. Craving a nightcap and wanting to play on the ever famous Verte Chaud, I started with Pyrat XO Reserve added a splash of Fernet and topped the mix off with some hot chocolate milk. This drink was so intriguing. Delicious and curious to say the least. It reminded me of a farm so much, the aroma and flavor... maybe hay? or silage? Whatever it is I think it tops the Verte Chaud, although Chartreuse and hot cocoa is great.



Long Creek Cattle Co.
1 1/2 oz. Pyrat XO Reserve Rum
1/4- 1/2 oz. Fernet Branca
3- 4 oz. heated AE Chocolate Milk

No comments:

Post a Comment