Monday, March 19, 2012

Mai Tai

Tonight I ran across a bottle of Marie Brizard Orange Curacao at the local liquor store. This is a rarity in the area and I couldn't help myself. After deciding what tipple to partake in I chose the ever favorite Mai Tai. I mixed it to what I assume is the traditional recipe as there are many out there to chose from. I set my parameters at heavy on the rum with lime, orgeat, and sugar syrup. I came up with this...
Midwest Mai Tai
1 oz. Bacardi 8 rum
1 oz. Pyrat XO rum
1/2 oz. Marie Brizard Orange Curacao
1 tsp. orgeat
1 tsp. simple syrup (raw sugar)
juice of a lime
shake and strain
discarded half lime garnish

As I research more it could of used a bit more orgeat, or even a dash of bitters for my taste. All in all this is a very tasty tart rendention of a daiquiri. As easy as this was to make it'll definitely go into the rotation of on hand cocktails for my home bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment