Saturday, March 17, 2012

Weissen Sour

     As the warmer weather approaches I find myself craving a light tart drink from time to time. I ran across the Weissen Sour some time ago (http://www.imbibemagazine.com/Weissen-Sour-Recipe) and decided to take a whack at this one for myself.
     As I stormed my cupboard I find I'm lacking a descent flavorful whiskey as the backbone to this cocktail. I chose instead to go with a mix of half Canadian whisky and half American brandy. I grabbed the bottle of Wittekerke Winter White Ale that I received as a gift during Christmas; finally a reason to pop the cork.
    I hurriedly stirred my a heaping teaspoon of raw orange blossom honey with double the volume of lemon juice; Orange blossom honey has a funky flavor in my mind ad I figured it would work well to give this cocktail some character. I added the E&J and the Canadian Club and threw in a teaspoon of blood orange bitters, stirred it all and topped it with the Wit Ale.
   

I deem this the:
Fool's Guild :
1 heaping tsp. orange blossom honey
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. Stirrings Blood Orange Bitters
1/2 oz. E&J VSOP brandy
1/2 oz. Canadian Club whiskey
stir to mix and pour into goblet
top off with Wittekerke Dubel Wit Ale

     Upon further inspection of this cocktail I find that this to be an acceptable way to drink Wit beir, I don't love the stuff myself, but this cocktail could use a little something.... We'll definitely have to come back to this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment