Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Rum Manhattan

     For my next drink, let's try a rum based Manhattan. This was my first venture into strong cocktails. I figured might as well start with what you know. I grabbed a bottle of Bacardi 8, some Martini & Rossi Sweet Vermouth, and a bottle of Angostura. I figured straight alcohol was little harsh for my first prohibition-style cocktail so I added a few teaspoons of brandied cherry juice.


     I liked this one very much and find when I want a drier Rum Manhattan I just switch the base to Cruzan Single Barrel. Either way this makes for a great cocktail.

Eighth Avenue Manhattan
2 oz. Bacardi 8 rum
3/4 oz. Martini & Rossi Sweet Vermouth
2 dashes Angostura bitters
2 tsp. brandied cherry juice
     stir in a cocktail shaker with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment