Thursday, March 29, 2012

Rum and Coke(Cola)

     Now let's try my favorite, the drink that I believe starts it all for most of us. It's only natural seeing as Americans drink on average of 275 cans of cola a year (http://www.prosebeforehos.com/image-of-the-day/10/13/cocacola-consumption-per-capita/).
     A little mix and match over the last decade for me has shown that "natural" colas are the best. Mexican Coke and Pepsi, Virgil's Real Cola, Boylan's, and for some funk, Fentimen's Curiosity Cola. Now for the rum; as most of this blog shows I use Bacardi 8 and Pyrat Gold primarily, but like nearly anything with a rick, bold or spicy taste. Proportioning is go with a 2-3 oz. spirit to 12 oz. cola mix; I use this for all my initial rum testings.
     As for the result I find for a rich mix to try: Zaya rum and Fentiman's, a citrus hint: Pyrat XO or Bacardi 8 and Pepsi Throwback or Virgil's Real Cola, and finally a nice rounded blend: either Mt. Gay XO or Ron Zacapa 23 mixed with Mexican Coke or Pepsi.





No comments:

Post a Comment