Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Night Mission

     Wanting to play around with Cognac I stumbled upon the "Knight" from David Embury's The Fine Art of Mixing Drinks.  Following a somewhat playful version posted by Cocktail Virgin Slut , I came up with my own rendition. After playing around with the proportions I found a happy and tasty medium that suited me quite well. The Night Mission.



The Night Mission
2 oz. Hennessy VS Cognac
3/4 oz. lime juice
1/2 orange curacao (Marie Brizzard)
1 Tbsp. Green Chartreuse
3/4 oz. homemade fig syrup
1 1/2 dashed Fee's Black Walnut Bitters
- stir and strain into cocktail glass

     The drink displayed a heavy sweetness with a slight herbal note along with a hint of tang from the lime juice. An underlying richness developed from the Green Chartreuse, fig syrup and walnut bitters mixture as they melted back to into the sweet finish.Playing around with the proportions a bit I found that this mix was the most pleasing and satisfactory. For a new rendition on the Knight Cocktail, I find this one very satisfactory.

No comments:

Post a Comment