Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Champs-Elysees

     Craving an herbal cognac drink I'm reminded of the Champs-Elysees cocktail I had Binoy whip up for me; trying to work my way through the Anvil 100. The drink was great, more to my liking that the East India Cocktail. Reconstructing the drink at home, several months later, I turn to my trusty "bible", The PDT Cocktail Book.  Further investigation shows that the internet norm is a scant 1 1/2 oz. cognac while the PDT quotes a 2 oz. pour. I feel that the 2 oz. pour helps to show off the cognac rather than hide it behind a bunch of additives. Thus I give you;

Champs-Elysees
2 oz. cognac (Hennessy VS
3/4 oz. fresh lemon juice
1/2 oz. Green Chartreuse
1/4 oz. simple syrup
1 dash Angostura bitters
-shake and strain
garnish with a lemon twist

No comments:

Post a Comment