Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Bollywood

     Following the Vintage Cocktails & Forgotten Spirits recipe for the Filmograph I sampled the drink and found it lacking in some way; which I couldn't put my finger on. It was good but not great. Playing around with the recipe and proportions nearly six months later I decided upon adding a bit of spice to the mighty tart cocktail. Finding a bottle of chai spice syrup laying around for lattes I decided to throw a bit of it into the mix in hopes that it would add a bit of depth to the drink. And without dissapointment the drink prevailed. A buttery, spiced depth rounded out the ever vintage cocktail and brought it to a newer flavorful height of enjoyment giving it the rebirth it so ever needed. A much better cocktail if you ask me. And I give you :

(incorrect glass and portion shown)

Bollywood
2 1/4 oz. cognac (Hennessey VS)
3/4 oz. kola tonic
juice of medium lemon
1/2 oz. Chai Tea syrup (Torani)
- stir with ice and serve 
lemon zest garnish (no shown)

No comments:

Post a Comment