Thursday, September 27, 2012

Black Flag

     The Old Fashioned seems to be the go-to drink for the evening at the I.O. As rye isn't my favorite or even first choice I whipped together something similar but more to my palate's liking. Pusser's rum has been our rum of choice lately for mixing cocktails as I believe the Navy-style flavor is almost always retained. I started there, and threw in a new offering we got, Hennessy Black. A dash or two of bitters and a good measure of rich Demerara syrup; an appropriate stir and strain and we have MY  old-fashioned cocktail for the evening. And I must say probably the only way I'll ever take it. I tried not to slam this drink but it went down easy and complexly.


(apologies for the color; dark bar and copper-top don't allow definition)


Black Flag
1 oz. Hennessy Black Cognac
1 oz. Pusser's Navy Rum
1/3 oz. rich Demerara syrup
1 dash Angostura bitters
1 dash Angostura orange bitters
-stir and strain

No comments:

Post a Comment