Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Strawberry Fields

     A local favorite and udderly great haunt in the Benson area is a cigar shop and bar by the name of Jake's. Hearing all the hype I had to take it upon myself to check it out. A small retail shop on the front leads way through a small passage to a very stocked whiskey bar. And upon further inspection(Where is the bathroom,was what I was thinking) we stumble upon the "real" bar. A wall length ceiling to floor of pure alcohol, a bartender's wet dream. Tucked away on the adjacent wall is all the marvelous taps in which the establishment is most known for.
     Wanting a "craft" cocktail but still in awe of the whole place I consult the specials board. Pama, Snap, and sour beer?, that sounds interesting. But what really caught my eye was the Strawberry Fields. An amalgamation of green Chartreuse, celery bitters and strawberry wit beer. You have my attention; barkeep, order up.

(added for clarity)

Strawberry Fields
+/- 1.5 oz. Green Chartreuse ( i suggest 1 oz.)
4 dashes Fee's Celery Bitters
add ice
top with Fruli Strawberry Wit bier



No comments:

Post a Comment