Thursday, September 27, 2012

Fiscal Agent

     After reading David Wondrich's Imbibe!, many obscure drinks were brought up that are just simply lost throughout the years. After researching a few the Fiscal Agent was found and pined upon for sometime. Following the recipe, that I found online, I made my own cacao nib tincture. And after the ten days I strained the liquid off, bottled it and prepared to create this ever elusive drink. Following the recipe that I found I made the drink to the "T". It came up short for our standard 4.5oz. coupe glasses but never the less was a drink with character. Strong,rich and better with time; just what a cocktail should be(the tincture came out as the drink warmed up).


(again please disregard the discoloration as the dim lighting doesn't allow true definition)

Fiscal Agent
1 oz. bourbon (Maker's Mark)
1/2 oz. Carpano Antica Sweet Vermouth
1/2 oz. Green Chartreuse
1/4 oz. Luxardo Maraschino
3-4 drops cacao nib tincture
-stir and strain
flamed orange peel garnish (omitted)

No comments:

Post a Comment