Saturday, September 8, 2012

Echo

     Throwing together a quick flavorful old-fashioned style drink for the night I decided to use the bacon-infused whiskey that I had on hand and mix it with a little ginger syrup. I was worried of the results as my mind led me to the cardamom gimlet, a horrible cocktail that should have never been. I knew I'd need some bitters to make this drink ala Old-Fashioned styled. I chose a black walnut and an Aztec chocolate bitters that I felt would work well to contrast the flavors and add depth. My predictions were right and the drink worked extremely well, even better than the bacon bourbon old fashioned from months past. Craft cocktailing has not proved me wrong, I look forward to the future. I give you the Echo:




Echo
2 oz. bacon-infused whiskey
1/2 oz. Powell & Mahoney Ginger Syrup
1 dash Fee's Black Walnut bitters
1 dash Fee's Aztec Chocolate bitters
sitr and strain

No comments:

Post a Comment