Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Fagasa Afono Cocktail

     Wanting to try a Pago Pago Cocktail for quite some time I decided to make one. I followed the recipe from Cocktail Chronicles nearly to the T. But in my dismay I noticed I forgot the bitters. The drink prior to the bitters was very much to my liking. The rum, slight creme de cacao flavor, the Chartreuse, and muddled pineapple just blended so well. It was much like a Windjammer(brandy, creme de cacao/ or Kahlua, pineapple juice, and cream) with an herbal tone and minus the cream of course. 

     Messing around with Chartreuse as we usually do, we decided to try a spin-off of the Pago Pago Cocktail with some Dumante pistachio liqueur added.

Fagasa Afono Cocktail
1 oz. Pyrat Reserve Gold
1 oz. Rhum Barbancourt 8 year rum
1/2 oz. fresh lime juice
1/2 oz. Green Chartreuse
3/8 oz. Dumante Pistachio liqueur
3-4 pineapple chunks
muddle, shake and strain
top 1-2 dashes Angostura or Aztec Chocolate bitters (optional)


No comments:

Post a Comment