Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Rhum & Cocchi-Kola

     Remembering a vacation from October to Kansas City I decided to try my hand at a Manifesto original dubbed the Rhum & Cocchi-Kola. As I find I do fancy a nice rum and cola as my go to drink I knew this cocktail wouldn't let me down. Gathering the ingredients once the Kola Tonic arrived in the mail I whipped up what I thought the proportions should be; as I sipped I found the cocktail to be to boozy and lacking in flavor. A dash of Aztec Chocolate bitters and a glug of Pepsi really opened up the drink and made it more palatable and tasty. I think my rhum and kola tonic selection is what's throwing me off but I find that real cola brings out the flavor in almost anything. 


Rhum & Cocchi-Kola
1 7/8 oz. Barbancourt 8 year Rhum
1/2 oz. Cocchi Americano
1 oz. Clayton's Kola Tonic
2 dashes grapefruit bitters
6 drops aztec chocolate bitters
stir and strain; top with real cola

No comments:

Post a Comment