Thursday, May 10, 2012

Hillsborough Point

     Let's mix around a few similar cocktails and see what we come up with. With the Dirt 'n Diesel still fresh in my mind and discovering the Fratelli Cocktail as well as the Greenpoint Cocktail just searching the net. I think I'll try my hand at a cocktail containing rum, green Chartreuse and Fernet Branca. Those are my only controls.

    Starting with just the base liquors I find the drink slightly overpowering as you can imagine. Following the Fratelli Cocktail proportions set by Jamie Boudreau. A very bitter and herbal drink but knowing that I do like Last Words I added 1/2 oz. lime juice and the drink becomes more mild and palatable. In hindsight I think this drink works either way. A stronger more herbal drink following the line of the Manahattan or a semi-tart herbal play on the Fratelli. 

Hillsborough Point
1.5 oz. English Harbour 5 year
0.5 oz. Pyrat XO Reserve
0.5 oz. Martini & Rossi Sweet Vermouth
0.5 oz. Green Chartreuse 
0.25 Fernet Branca
0.25-0.5 oz. lime juice (if needed)
*stir and strain 

No comments:

Post a Comment